Two posts in one day! I am on a roll! (Don't get used to it, it probably won't happen again for a while!).
I am writing this story down, because it is one that needs to be captured. I am told that SOMEDAY this will be funny! As of right now, I am not quite to that point. Also, we have not received he HUGE bills we are expecting from this, so it will be a while before I can totally find the humor in all of this. It has been a pretty stressful week or two!
The day started out as any other day. The kids had been up for a while, they were content and playing (amazing, I know). I had just finished the dishes and I came out to the living room to be with the kids. I walked in and saw Taylor in the toy drawer. He pulled something shiny out of the drawer and looked at it for a minute. I started walking to him, knowing that it was the pressed penny that Jordan must have thrown in the drawer. Just then, I saw Taylor stick it in his mouth! I ran over to him and right before I got there, he gagged, coughed, and SWALLOWED!
I stuck my finger in to see if I could grab it, but it was long gone!!
AWESOME!! This penny, because it was smashed, is now wider than a quarter, very flat, and has very sharp edges. So I called his doctor, and the Ask-A-Nurse Hotline at our Hospital. They both told me that because of the size, shape, and sharp edges, I had to take him to the ER. Rich came home, we dropped Jordan at Grandma Pam's, and we were off.
Taylor waiting in the ER. All the nurses loved him. Everytime one of them walked by, they had to come and play with him. Then, he got brave (and bored) and would walk out to the nurses station to say hi, peek around the desk and make them all laugh. That kept them all entertained for a while.
The ER just confirmed what I already knew...YEP, there's a penny in there! So they sent us home to dig through diapers in the hope that it would come out (which I never really thought it would...that penny is huge for such a little guy!). If it didn't come out in a few more days, go see my doctor. So, obviously it didn't come out. We went to the doctor, she sent us to a specialist, who looked at the xray and immediately said, "nope, there's no way that's coming out by itself!" Smashed penny in his stomach!

Bright and early we were in the surgery center to retrieve the penny!! Taylor is watching Bob the Builder, waiting to go back to surgery!!

Still waiting! Until that point, we didn't know where the penny was because it had been a few days since the last xrays. Fortunately, it was still in his stomach so they could retrieve it going down his throat with a scope that had a basket on the end, and not have to cut him open!! Thank Goodness!

Bright and early we were in the surgery center to retrieve the penny!! Taylor is watching Bob the Builder, waiting to go back to surgery!!

Still waiting! Until that point, we didn't know where the penny was because it had been a few days since the last xrays. Fortunately, it was still in his stomach so they could retrieve it going down his throat with a scope that had a basket on the end, and not have to cut him open!! Thank Goodness!


1 comment:
Oh my. What a scary experience for Taylor! Glad he's ok. Your boys are both so darling!
Post a Comment