Friday, March 6, 2009

Grandpa

Odell Cutler


So the last week has definetly been a crazy one! The lowest point was definetly when I received the call that my Grandpa Cutler (Moms mom) passed away. He has been sick for a long time and it was definelty his time to go. He has struggled and held on to life for many months and is now at peace. This is such a sad time for me, however, I find comfort in the knowledge I have of the gospel of Jesus Christ and His plan. Grandpa is with his parents, brothers and sisters, and anxiously serving his Father in Heaven. In his last days, he said he was "going on a new mission to spread the word" and that he would anxiously accept that call. I will always remember my grandpa for being so fun! He was always laughing and joking! He was so honest and had many friends as could be witness yesterday at the HUNDREDS of people that attended his funeral! He was honored with full military honors, which I had never seen at the grave service. It was really neat to see. I also got to see family members that I hardly ever get to see. My brother Russ, his wife Annie, Blake, and Mare; my brother J.C., and numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Here are a few pictures I have and some memories I have of my grandpa.
  • He was amazing at the Hula
  • He could say the alphabet backwords faster than I could say it forward
  • He was my dentist for a while and while I was in town he had to pull three of my teeth. He felt so bad, that he bought me milkshakes for lunch and took me to the water slides.
  • He grew up in Tonga. Was baptized in the Pacific Ocean, rode sea turtles, and climbed trees to pick coconuts.
  • He talked just like Eeyore from "Winnie the Pooh"
  • He went to high school in Malad, Idaho. While in high school, he was the school bus driver. He would pick up all the kids in the town, drive them to school, park the bus, go to school himself, and then drive everyone home.
  • He gave me and my brothers our Patriarchial Blessings


Grandpa and Jordan - February 2008

June 2008

We Love and Miss You, Grandpa!





2 comments:

jkwareham said...

Those pictures are priceless! And your Grandpa sounds like an amazing man that led and interesting life for sure!

Mardi said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Hope you are doing well.