So, I have to confess to how sneaky I am. I have never really been able to pull off a surprise for Richard usually because he figures it out, guesses it, or someone tells him. Most of the time, I get too excited and end up telling him because I can't wait any longer. But this time, I pulled it off. About 6 months ago, I got this amazing idea. Richard LOVES basketball and he has never been to a professional game. He does so much for us with work and school and everything else, that I wanted to do something for him. However, I had to wait until the seasons started. So, a month or so ago, I found tickets to a Jazz game that worked with school and work. I had to go talk to his boss and get time off for him, he didn't have school, and I got us a hotel in Salt Lake. I kept this a secret for a long time! Finally, last Saturday night, in passing, (the night before we left), I mention that since my grandpa is very sick, that maybe we should go down and see him, and that I just happened to have hotel reservations, a babysitter, and tickets to the Jazz if he was interested. He was so excited! At first, I almost think he didn't believe me! We had such a fun time, we went shopping, sightseeing, visited temple square, etc. However, I wish we would have gotten more pictures, but I left the camera in the hotel. The game was great, until literally the last second when the Jazz lost to the Bulls, but he loved it anyways. For the record, I finally pulled it off! Hope you enjoyed yourself, Richard...we love you and appreciate all you do for us!
1 day ago
2 comments:
Good job on the surprise Audra! It sounds like a lot of fun.
I always knew you were a sneaky one. Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find yours. Wish we could see you guys more...
Post a Comment