Monday, March 15, 2010

Not exactly what I had planned...


So, here I am updating my blog from the hospital...with a new baby!! It all started on Friday morning when I woke up around 4:30am, with what i thought were really bad contractions. But the pain never stopped and was just on my right side under my ribs. So I went to the doctors office that morning. They thought I might have gallstones (really common) in pregnancy, but they wanted to do an ultrasound and blood work to make sure. I did all that and was sent home to wait for "the call". The pain went away, I took a nap, no big deal, right? I get the call saying that the ultrasound was completely normal, but my blood work came back with really high levels of liver enzymes. I was then told that I need to be up to the hospital within the hour and I was being admitted and more than likely having the baby!! Needless to say, I was not expecting this. We still have 5 weeks to go, he's going to be in the NICU, we didn't have a name picked out, all sorts of things ran through my mind. I got there and they decided to monitor me through the night and if things didn't get better..he's out! I was diagnosed with Hellp's Syndrome. The only option they had for me was delievery or my kidney and liver would start shutting down. They watched me through the night, things didn't get better....and I was in the operating room on Saturday morning!!

Taylor Rice Baird
4 lbs. 14 oz.
17.5 in
10:39 am

He is soooo tiny, just to show you how small, this is my (audra's) pinky he's holding!







8 comments:

jkwareham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mardi said...

Oh my goodness! He is tiny. And so adorable. I love his name! How scary. I hope y'all are doing well. Please keep us posted.

Carrie said...

Congrats, he is precious! What a scary thing, but glad to hear that he is here healthy, and safe. Hope you are doing well.

Baird Family said...

I'm glad you are both doing well. We're thinking of you and sweet little Taylor. I love his name!

Amanda said...

Oh Audra! He is beautiful! That all sounds so scary!! Im so sorry! No one wants to be that stressed when you are ushering in a new little baby! Congrats, and i am glad you are all okay!

Ashley said...

oh my goodness he is sooo sweet! I hope all is going well! Call me if you need anything at all!

Amy and Wayne Taylor said...

Congratulations on your new addition. He is so tiny and so sweet. So glad that you are both doing well. Love his name!

jkwareham said...

You are an AMAZING family!!!! Taylor is beautiful and you are the greatest mother! Congratulations to you and your family!