Apparently not!! Funny story- yesterday, I was soooooo dead tired I couldn't take it. I very rarely take a nap, but it had been an unusually late/long night, early morning, running to Taylor's doctor appt., etc. We got home and Jordan says to me, "mommy, I tired". So, I thought here is my perfect chance. I had just fed Taylor and knew he was out for a few hours so I told Jordan we would all lay down and take a nap together!! OK, he says as he runs to my bed with his beloved puppy and blanket. I was shocked and quite proud of myself that he was going down without a fight!! We laid down and after a few minutes (I think), Jordan leans over, gives me a kiss and says "night-night, Mommy". I vaguely remember this, so I must have been dozing off. The next thing I know, Jordan comes running into my room to tell me he has to go poop. I look at the clock....it has almost been 2 hours!! Jordan gives me a hug, grabs my cheeks, and say "you have good nap, Mommy?" Much to my surprise, the house was still in one piece, with the exception of a buch of toys out in the living room. He turned the t.v. on, and lucky for him it was on one of his channels. I guess I have laid by him and "snuck" away a few too many times...he's learned from the best. It was definetly a relaxing and much needed nap. The worst part, was telling Rich that I got outsmarted by our 2 year old!!
P.S.- We went to Taylor's doctor appointment yesterday....he is growing like a weed!!! A whopping 5 lbs. 2 1/2 oz. He still hasn't landed himself on the curve, so no percentile, but hopefully he will keep growing so we can get catch up!!
5 comments:
LOVE IT!!!
AUDRA! I can't believe you have TWO kids! I feel like we were barely roommates and you were highlighting my hair in the living room!! i love reading your blog - it's hilarious!
That is too cute! Aren't boys just so fun? I hope you are doing well!
wow, I'm all for people dressing up on holidays, but you think doctors might think twice before going all out. hmmm, I HATED my c-section, but i've heard plenty of horror stories about the 'other' way as well, I suppose I'll just have to grin and bear it which ever way it goes. I'm glad your recovery is going well, how are you handeling having a 2 year old, a preme and a c-section? That just seems like a recipe for exhaustion and frustration.
Haha, so funny! At least you got a good nap from it!
Post a Comment